Available for purchase online.
Agile Testing Condensed presents a concise, easy-to-read overview of how to succeed with testing and build a quality culture in an agile context. Janet and Lisa have distilled their knowledge from two decades of agile testing to help readers understand:
- How test and QA professionals contribute on an agile team
- How to fit testing activities into an agile cycle
- Who is responsible for completing various testing activities, and when
- How to get testers engaged with the rest of the agile development team
- How to get everyone on a delivery team engaged in continuous testing
- Ways to plan testing activities using visual models
- How testing can “keep up” with short iterations or even continuous delivery
- How to evaluate testing effectiveness and continually improve
- How to get traction on test automation
This book is a must for testers, software delivery team members, product team members, business stakeholders, managers, and executives.
The authors’ first two books, Agile Testing and More Agile Testing, give detailed examples of testing challenges faced by real agile teams and describe how they were solved. This condensed book provides an overview of the agile testing practices that have proven useful in many contexts.
For more details on any topics in Agile Testing Condensed, please see:
Agile Testing: A Practical Guide for Testers and Agile Teams, Addison-Wesley Professional, 2009
More Agile Testing: Learning Journeys for the Whole Team, Addison-Wesley Professional, 2014
Chapters available online: